Monday, May 23, 2011

A walk to remember

Marveling at the handsome blue sky through the window of my host’s home, I can again take a pause to taste what transpired this past week.  Believe it or not, this is the first time in my life that I’m entirely putting my faith in the flow of universe.  What makes me decide to undergo the journey this way?  I can only give credits to the astonishing adventure of developing W Studio and becoming a freelance artist in Hong Kong.  Running an art studio on my own is already dream come true; yet creating and sharing art for a living has far exceeded my comprehension as if having a sip of nirvana.  I am forever grateful for how I am shown the possibility of life.

Now this expedition carries on to astound me with genuinely hearty people, captivating exchanges, and spontaneous encounters.  My spirit has never felt this receptive to what the cosmos is illustrating.  Though the painting is not finished, all I have to do is exactly what I’m used to do with my own artworks – tango with each other till we are perfectly attuned.  This is a once-in-lifetime opportunity.  “Seek, and ye shall find.” 

Yes, I’m ready to listen.

能夠在藍天白雲下靜靜回味過去一星期所發生的事實在是一種福氣,或者你未必會信,但其實這是我人生第一次將自己完全交托給天地萬物,是徹徹底底毫無保留地相信,哪為何我要選擇放手去經歷這個旅程呢?歸根究底都是成為全職藝術工作者及發展W Studio的奇妙歷險記所致,可以擁有自己的藝術工作室已經是夢想成真,更莫論能夠以分享及創造藝術為生,簡直有如上太空旅行 ﹣一種不能參透的體驗。


這趟遠征繼續用真誠有心人、令人讚嘆交流及即興的相遇來打開我的心窗,自問心靈從未試過如此開放去接收宇宙的信息,雖然整幅生命巨著仍未完成,但我唯一需要做的就是一如以往地與作品共舞直至雙方能和平共處。現在眼前的機會可能一生只有一次,我已準備好,隨時候聽。


Thrilled to see Ricky Martin's courage in publicly sharing his identity through music. (though the MV looks like CK ad) 
May his action inspire others to face their true self.

Reading "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbet & resting on the train as I travel from host to host.
My hospitable host from Canada.  Admire his commitment and life mission on finding sustainable ways to deal with poverty and our urban society. 
Went for a couch surfing event & met people from all over the world.  It's so intriguing that during those hours, the whole world assembled in this pub.
My laid-back host from Greece.  He took me to a Greek gathering & invited me to a house music.  We also have plans to check out some meditation class together.
Spending a night at SoHo with my host was definitely remarkable.  Waking up & walking right into the heart of the city reminded me of Hong Kong & Chicago.
My first ever British host (white shirt) is so generous & well-traveled!  His roommate (left) and another surfer from Italy (right) joined us for a happy together photo~
Didn't expect I would participate in a life-drawing section so soon!  This is actually the organizer because the model didn't show up.
Discussing the screenplay in a film animation class for mental well-being.  Excited to see how this piece will turn out.
Largactyle Shuffle Walk by CoolTan Arts.  We stopped by this gate which used to be a graveyard for the outcast dead, but is now an abandoned field.
Diverse people joined us for the walk - a lady in medieval dress & two sisters proclaiming against all kinds of discrimination and giving us blessing on embracing one another as May 17th was the international day against homophobia.
We did a maple dance at the end.  Supposedly, there would be a pole in the middle, but this time we used a tree instead.  Everyone would basically go under every other person until it completely wrapped around the tree, and then do the whole thing backward to untie.  (don't tell anyone, we sort of just left it on the tree...)
It's Ultimate Frisbee!!!  After 7 years of separation, we are united at last.  Photo hunt: please locate the frisbee in this picture.  (Hint: light blue in the green)
A lovely diverse team from couch surfing.

12 comments:

  1. thoroughly enjoying your adventures, your perceptions and going with the flow is inspiring in that if we were to surf the tide of the present rather than hold on to the past or the idea of the present... the journey becomes much more of a joyous negotiation... bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 哈~ 07年, 第一次自己一個人去旅行 – 普羅旺斯(心靈)倒垃圾之旅 – 我也是看這本書的。喜歡開首的部分。現實中, 很多人都不明白她缺少的是什麼, 她想要的到底是什麼, 何以令她變得如此歇斯底里, 何以令一個如此well established的人放下所有, 去尋找… …一些可能根本不存在答案的東西。

    是的, 那心裡著緊/嚮往的小小價值, 都不是別人容易看得見、容易明白的東西, 而且對不少人來說, 甚至是微不足道。但這個世上, 就是有些人會被心中那個「太陽」深深吸引著。曾經以為, 所有人心中都有一個太陽, 所有人都有想飛的願望, 後來知道原來有些人從不想飛, 而又同樣活得滿足快樂。這就好了。如果這個世界只有想飛的人, 便會大亂; 但如果只剩下不想飛的人, 世界又會太過沈悶。

    早兩天, 知道一個曾在5月初和我們一起去camp、碰過面但沒有深入交談的男孩子, 在兩星期前自殺死了~ 重看相片, 他和他的女朋友當時還笑著和我們合照。這個時候, 好想做回一個催眠治療師, 用regression回到過去, 看看到底是什麼「毒素」在不知不覺間侵蝕了一個人的心, 然後… …可以的話… …鼓勵他, 不要死。可惜我們都回不過去。

    也不知道, 他身邊的人現在日子怎麼過, 如果可以, 我希望可以在小說裡, 在自己所建構的世界中, 減輕剩下來的人的傷痛, 給他們一點安慰, 一點希望。

    (跟camp的主辦者協議了不在facebook提及此事, 你這裡, 剛好給我一個位置~ 謝謝!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ali, this has truly been an intriguing adventure, and glad to get to know friends like you too!

    自殺一向都是一件極度沉重的事,昨天跟朋友交談,他也提及有一位畫家好友因一種會遊走於極high與極down之間的情緒病而於去年自殺,當一個人完全失去生存的理由,而一切都彷彿絕望時,身邊的家人好友亦同樣變成受害者,但願我們不要氣餒,繼續分享感動及振奮人心的故事,讓絕望的人看見希望。

    Keep on believing, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 我當然相信~ 也不懷疑自己所相信的~ 你的畫, 也一樣~ : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. 那我們要不時互相鼓勵~ 你剛好提醒我差不多是時候要為你的故事畫插圖。

    ReplyDelete
  6. 一言爲定! ^^

    btw 跟出版社商量過後, 爲了控制成本, book size會變成25.5cm(長) x 19.5cm(闊) x 56頁。所以分版會同之前有少少唔同, 不過現在你畫兩個samples, 沒影響的。而我也將初稿作了些修改, 不過storyline完全沒變, 不影響你畫samples的; 到有機會成真, 再給你也未遲。

    你知道嗎, before sunset也是其中一齣我最最最喜歡的電影! 很喜歡故事發生在9年後, 是real time的9年後! 演員成長了、導演成長了、觀眾也成長了。而9年後的漫步、對談, 跟9年前一樣, 也是散漫得、不著邊際得、言之有物得像real time/real life一樣, 每一句, 都很有味道。

    before sunrise最美是, 大家都相信直覺; 而before sunset, 是真心。經歷了這麼多, 但大家對大家的感覺, 還是這麼innocent; 就像當年他獨個兒回去維也納赴約, 就像失約後她要在紐約渺茫地等他出現一樣, 一切毫無憑證, 只憑最單純的愛情。

    幸好, 你沒有錯過這兩齣電影; 幸好, 那些陌生人(新朋友)讓你再次感到生命的溫度。幸好。

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know~~ I'll use similar size/ratio to make the samples. Got to sit with the story first & see what kind of images come up.

    I think there is a real difference between watching both movies in a row and having a 9 years gap. The feeling must be much stronger to see them grow after nine years.

    Yes, I have grateful for all the insights & sentiments I'm having.

    ReplyDelete
  8. whatever images u like! except no shortsight for the kids! ;P

    u know what? a few days ago, when i was asking those taiwanese publishers if they feel interested in doing the green fable(s)~ i felt so happy to receive one of the responses like this: "這是個很好的主題..."

    of course many of them wudn't show too much enthusiasm in the project before they could get a glimpse of what it actually is & how well it's written & illustrated~ but i dun care, it's enough to know there's one who thinks we are doing sth good (though trivial :P) for the well being of the world, before he/she could actually see the "professionalism" of the words & images~

    since the very beginning, i hv already kept reminding myself, it's never a kind of personal performance or a test for my own ability~ it's for sth else, sth greater than this~ and i think it's jz the beauty of this tiny project, undertaken by a nobody called conney~

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, yes, I remember that~~

    Terrific! I've always thought it is an awesome idea since you told me about it. Though we won't know who or how many kids/adults will be touched by the work, it is always a beautiful thing when we have pure heart & faith to do a little "something" for others (in this case, our world(?))

    I have a feeling this project will be an incredible journey for you, just like the one I'm having now. And I'm honored to tag along the flow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. to be honest, i am truly happy to hv u drawing my vision~ someone i dun hv to deliver everything verbally! ^^

    yes i believe so~ and the interesting thing is that, it's based on ur "feeling"~ interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, exactly, it's based on my feeling & intuition; that's what I'm good at!

    Hope to have something to show you soon~~

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha!! someone has shifted to the camp of feeling & intuition! hurray! we hv got one more member now! XD)))

    ReplyDelete