Monday, May 16, 2011

Lost in transmission

Oh GOSH, am I gonna end up sleeping on the street tonight?  It’s almost midnight.  I’ve been calling my host for the past 2 hours, but all I could get is the voice mail.  There must be something I can do.  Further waiting for his call?  Walking around his block for hoping I’ll run into him?  Go to the front door of the closed café to get wifi & try to contact him through the internet?  Temperature has dropped rapidly at night.  My hands are frozen.  THINK…. what’s the alternative?  NO, my mobile phone is out of battery!  But I still have my i-phone.  Haha, what a night.

My host & I finally got connected a bit pass midnight.  He was right up in his apartment (the building has no intercom) while I was desperately looking for him.  Both of us didn’t know what went wrong with the phones.  Bad reception?  Or the signals simply got lost in transmission.  After I calm down from the hustle, I again realize this will be another one of those funny stories in the future.  After all, flashbacks like this fill an adventure with warmth & characteristic.

Don’t hang on to anything.  The flow is going.  Simply go along with it.

想不到第二個考驗這麼快便來臨,一整晚找不到我的朋友,只有語音信箱,點算呀?再等?去他住所附近逛逛?到已關門的咖啡室門口嘗試無線上網?晚上温度急跌,手都凍僵了,難這我真的要做一晚露宿者?

幸好最後在緊要關頭他終於浮面,我倆都不清楚這個晚上訊號為何接不通,然而這個經歷又成為我旅程的另一段搞笑小插曲,畢竟要有這類笑料才能令每個歷險充滿人性及味度。

放手吧,生命之河一直在流,只須要放鬆,一切自有安排。

At Portobello market, ladies, this used to be the Notting Hill book store.  Now they sell shoes.

Exactly what I need - gotta find one of these budget stores in town!

The delicious organic lunch for only £4.10, but I realize it's actually HK$53.3.  haha, not that cheap after all.

The public bathroom experience - there is a mandatory cleaning cycle each time after a person uses it.  That means if five people are in front of me, it will feel like I have to wait for 10 people.

Introspecting on the bus - LOL
I was invited to join a small music gathering.
This new Israeli friend has a new album out & is doing a one month living room tour in London.
My first host from Brazil - a great hospitable guy!  I enjoyed staying at his cozy apartment.

4 comments:

  1. really like the veggies & ur first host! they all look nice! =P
    btw if u r gonna visit the courtauld gallery (courtauld institute of art)sooner or later, try mondays(except public holiday), admission is free from 10am until 2pm (and u can stay until 6pm)~ i was lucky enough to run into this by chance last time!^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are lovely~~ I'm sure I'll make it to the gallery one of these days. Went to Tate Modern & the national gallery yesterday~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. 想不到你咁快就有第一個考驗喎!同你所講一樣,可能未來會陸續有來,但我仍然祝福你可以一個個的跨過....
    記住你一定要冷靜去處理... 同埋要買多件厚衫啦...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU, Dilys! Yes, I'll continue to learn ways to cope with life~~ Glad it's spring & summer now. Will surely need thicker jackets in the winter.

    ReplyDelete