Friday, July 1, 2011

2nd phase

How are you holding up, my dear?
It’s on & off.  After all the excitement & amusement fade down, I feel like I’m back to square one, with nothing to hang on to.  Yet I know this is something I have to deal with, no running away.

No worry, dear, I’m not going anywhere.  I will hold you for as long as it takes. 
Thanks…  Having such a visualized mind, I can sense the warmth and affection though an actual hearty embrace would just be wonderful.

Of course, I know what you need, but before we go any further on this, let me give you applause for life modeling!  Well done!
Never thought I could do it, given how uncomfortable I feel about my body sometimes.  I guess the whole self-image issue is somewhat entangled with the question of masculinity, the constant bombarding of media as well as casual comments by loved ones, acquaintances, and even strangers throughout my life.

Come on.  You look great to me; at least that’s what marathon runners usually look like, ha... ;)  I’m thrilled that the figurative instructor and the class loved your poses.  You were so natural at it!
It’s almost like meditation as I have to focus on a thought/posture for a period of time.  When my mind wanders off too far or only concentrate energy on my own stiffness, I’ll start to wiggle or feel the signal of pain from my body.  Doesn’t that just remind you of how life works sometimes?

Yes, we won’t get anywhere if we only focus on our own issues.  Speaking of meditation, you finally participated in a guided session at a Buddhist centre.  Congratulation!
As you know, I’m not going to become part of any religion after the whole chaos of Christianity.  But I’m mindful not to neglect my spiritual needs.  Meditation helps me to be at ease with myself and inline with my purpose on earth.

When you came to that state of awareness, we were synced.  No right or wrong, no critique, no nothing, just you and me in a peaceful state of mind.  I like that.
It is certainly an enlightening experience.  I especially enjoy meditating with a group & a Guru.  At least, I won’t fall asleep on my own bed, haha…

So next time when you feel lonely, call upon me, and we do meditation together!
Everything sounds easy and simple while I’m perfectly awake with a positive spirit, like now.  Yet when the moment of vulnerability kicks in, I would just be lost and wore out.  Still have a long way to go on the path of inner joy.

Oh, dear, that is exactly why you’re on this expedition.  There is no short cut.  Can I tell you that you are doing just fine?  You have let go of so much junk and haven’t forced anything to happen since you got here.  I am proud of you.
What would I do without you?  Your continuous encouragement helps me to dance with the current in this world.  Whenever the river seems flooding, I automatically want to grab the bank and scream, but then I see you, gently touching my hands to remind me to let go and flow.

I’m pleased you listen well at last.  Back then, you never paid attention to my words of wisdom.  It always turned into an argument.  Now take a shower, eat some cereal, and go on your way to breathe the fresh air of TODAY.
Thanks, Babu.  Will do. ;)


人體素描、冥想、孤獨… 再與至愛傾談人生種種。



Looking out the window to taste the glorious sunshine, I've finally managed to finish this blog entry.  
The venue where I did my first life modeling in London.
One of the best thing about being a life model is the artworks usually appear more good-looking than reality. lol!
Getting prepared to rehearse for a body performance sculpture, involving up to 70 collaborators by JocJonJosch.  YES, more nude activities for me!!!   The work represents ideas such as unknown and intangible fears that exist outside our protective structures.  These concerns are of contemporary significance in view of recent tragedies in Japan and New Zealand.
To reserve tickets for the performance on July 16, 17 or 23: http://existere.eventbrite.com/
More info about the artwork: https://files.me.com/jocmarchington/qhrk1o
Previous artwork "Beast Exhibition" by JocJonJosch
My magnificent work station as I illustrated samples for a friend's children's book project on sustainable living.
Degree show by CASS graduates reminded me of my art school experience at the Art Institute of Chicago.
What Counts exhibition space, where I've been working as the invigilator this whole week!  Fascinating concepts.  The artists explore subjects from happiness, counting method, friendship, migration, generation to time zone...  
More info about the what counts: http://www.motiroti.com/whatcountsblog/
Chilling with lovely friends at a cozy cafe after a long day of work is absolutely fabulous!
On a rainy day, I had my first guided meditation session at this Buddhist centre.
Wandered my way to the British Museum at last, I'm captivated by how the history of different empires overlapped and influenced the culture of one another.
Street performance in London never fails to attracts crowd and my eyes.
The Brixton gang hanging out in a marketplace after hour.
With the combination of delicious foods, comfy atmosphere, and wacky music choices by the DJs called Rebellious Ladies, we enjoyed yet another blissful evening.
 Please take note that this is Tower Bridge, not London Bridge.  The original London Bridge is now in Lake Havasu City, Arizona because the Americans just love London.
Went on CoolTan Arts Midnight Largactyl Shuffle Walk and learned all sorts of little facts about the city as it relates to art and mental well-being.
More info about CoolTan Arts: http://www.cooltanarts.org.uk/
The intriguing last stop of the walk at the home of contemporary psychiatry, the Maudsley Hospital.
How does grooving around under the highway sound to you?

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you are having the time of your life! I'm so glad for you! Looking forward to future posts. - Mona in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 不用擔心~ 你愛的/愛你的那個他, 都不會走。看著你們兩次對話, 對比下, 就知道, 你生活得愈來愈好~ 我的朋友, 不用怕, 世界沒什麼好怕~ 我知, 那恐懼和孤獨都不是外在的, 但, 你已做得很好了, 已跨過很多很多, 否則也不會有這麼多人想跟你做朋友, 更不會有這次考驗自我, 發掘自我的旅程, 是嗎?
    不要懷疑自己~ (包括自己的身體! ;P)~ 再想說, 那些插畫, 很漂亮啊! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mona! It does look like it~~ I shall continue to taste all the bits & pieces of it~

    THANK YOU AGAIN, Conney! Fear is a source of hopelessness & drives us to do things that are not necessarily who we are. I continue to learn so much more about life & myself through this journey. When you see me in Sep, I shall be warmer & warmer, haha... I love those illustration too! Hope we'll really get the opportunity to finish the whole book. I have a feeling it'll GO somehow somewhere~~ Just like my journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha~ then let me give u a big big hug when i c u again! no worry~ there's a lot of sunshine & hot sands in catalonia, u'll absolutely get warm there! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure sure, I'm falling in love with hugging~ Can't wait to taste the heat in Spain~~

    ReplyDelete