Thursday, June 2, 2011

To you

I think this is the first official time I’m writing to you.
Yes, and it’s a good time to do so, as you’re liberated at last.

It is kind of awkward though.  I’m not sure what to expect from this conversation.
Well, just go on and talk like you would do with a dear friend.

Um, so what do you think about what I’m doing now?  You’re the only one who thoroughly understands what’s going on.  Am I fooling myself about the objective of this trip?  Is it really going to turn out like how I imagine?
All I can say is I’m impressed by your courage and desire to grow.  You know it yourself.  Have you ever been as open to life as now?  What do you have to lose? 

I don’t know…  I am confident about this expedition, and all the inspiring things that are happening, but I still haven’t found an art job that can truly spice up the experience.  I just don’t want to be a tourist!
YOU ARE NOT A TOURIST, and you know it well.  All the sightseeing spots don’t raise your interest.  I know as a fact from hearing your heartbeat when you get involved and interact with all kinds of fascinating people.  The flow will take you to the commitment you’re meant to play a part in.  Has it failed you since you put your entire faith in?  Don’t you worry.

I know I know, I’m not anxious, but we human beings aren’t perfect and have weaknesses.  We may have doubts from time to time.  It’s hard to avoid especially I’m facing it everyday.  That’s why I’m writing to you.  I have to share this aroused thought.
My dear, you are in good hands.  I have this guts feeling that from the day you stepped onto the plane, it will just keep getting better.  You will be more and more astonished by what life can actually be.  You have no idea how delighted I am to see you at this place after what happened in the past.

Same here.  I’m even more overjoyed to share this intimacy with you now.  Remember we used stab each other with the nastiest words?  Who would think that you and I could finally get along and become the most supportive companion ever?
For that, I’m forever grateful.  Now take a deep breath (though you still have a stuffy nose from the cold) and carry on your marvelous adventure.  I will be by your side no matter what.

Thank YOU for your love.  Life is full of revelation.  I shall stay tuned.

一次可一不可再的對話,希望大家不會介意看原汁原味的英文版本。

Street Fest at Shoreditch - though I was never a big fan of street culture, this festival gave me a different taste of what it is like.
Seeing these Graffiti artists spending a whole day on their works makes me want to jump in my art right away.
Having a GO at this digital Graffiti wall.
A cute funny shot with Ash on the left.  Hip-hop dancers having a blast on the right.
Isn't it awesome to get lost in the music & dance your ass off once in a while?  WE DID!
A friend took me on a midnight walk around soho.  I was simply taken away by the silent scene.
I was invited to join my first ever art opening in the alleyway in London.
Charming new friends & host (right) accompanied me to the exhibition.
We went to the famous Brick Lane for Indian food afterward.  How can you not love London for its diversity?

9 comments:

  1. hey dear little someone, what a beautiful conversation u hv started off~ it's so true, it's so innocent!

    keep on ur innocence and honesty to the one who's so close to u, no matter how weak u r, jz speak it out as u hv worked out an entirely different relationship with someone u used to be hostile with~ u 2 r more than bosom friends now!

    dun u know u r being appreciated from time to time, by this special someone and many others around u? u r doing good~ at least u can feel people now! remember the breakthrough i hv mentioned b4 ur departure? i can feel that the wall is dissembling and soon, u will see what the essence of ur art is~ i mean, u hv got great talent but it's that wall, which has been blocking ur heart from seeing the true meaning of life~

    so now, without an art job yet, u r still doing sth substantial to ur art life~ no hurry, it's jz 3 weeks~

    rest, winston~ dun let the restlessness of ur mind deplete every meaningful moment of the present~ these moments dun necessarily appear to be dramatically meaningful everytime~ but life is formed by these moments, u hv to taste them at the moment, not in the memory or in the future~ somehow, they will transform to sth else to enrich ur life~ ur art~ at a time u can't anticipate~

    rest~ and dun miss out the present continous tense of ur life~ believe me, the beauty of life never lies in the perfect tense~

    remember, the void is just a test for ur psychological strength~ being an artist, u do need this strength to lead u through the whole way~ so again, u r doing sth actually! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU, Conney! I've read your comments multiple times & each time I'm still encouraged! What you wrote is exactly what I believe, but having a friend to write it to me is important & significant. Just like my dialogue with Winston. In fact, opportunities are coming. I just have to be open to them & taste them as great ingredients in life.

    Yes, I shall let my spirit rest...

    Thanks again for your encouragement & comments all along. I'm truly grateful for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well~ believe it or not~ what i wrote is not jz a response to what u blogged~ it's in fact what i wanted to say many months ago~ but i had not any ground to say so bcuz it's all sensed by my heart, by my own intuition and the you at that time, i thought, wud resist a "stranger" to throw out her heartfelt words like this~

    yet, since then, i still considered it sth important to a person~ who is so sincere to life & has a deep down passion to paint abt it~ hence, i jz revealed to u sth "essential" (what is essential is invisible to the eye!) when i had a chance to! fortunately u hv become more & more willing to give others this chance to share with u the secrets of life~ so that u will no longer be confined in a room with only a partial, or a self-censored view.

    u know what? i was really impressed with all ur sharings b4 ur departure, and this written dialogue jz touches me much. i never had ur bitter experience but u were definitely brilliant to get urself back to a whole after all those hard times. it's never easy to downsize the authoritative ego of oneself~ and u jz made a beautiful effort to end that antagonistic duality~ really, i m happy to see u living as a lovely whole now, winston!

    i am sure many others r supportive to u too~ but i m jz one who's more used to writing a passage only! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really glad that I have become a more receptive & open being for you to share the secrets of life with, haha~~~

    To be honest, everything happening now is almost dreamlike & I'm like an audience watching how the movie/story will unfold. Who will I meet next? What job I'll get? What lesson is life teaching me?

    I just feel honored to have such privilege to experience & witness life. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! in fact, i hv already shared some secrets of life to u during lessons~ o no, didn't u think i was saying crap & fell asleep?! @o@"

    u know me, i can't live without my intuition & feelings, but it's not necessarily to be "right" everytime~ so, pls dun feel upset if i say anything not true about u~ ;P

    seems that u r getting used to such randomness~ to me, it's pretty sweet to live random (but not extremely random)~ same to u?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photograph of the quiet street, British flags and amazing sky that looks like a plume of smoke is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you did, Conney! And I've been grateful for your sharing~~ Just like my newest entry, you see that I'm already doing things that were beyond my acceptance before. But now, it just feels natural to go along with any opportunity comes my way. My sister was giving me a weird look when she knew I was nude-modeling. LOL, can't believe she isn't open-minded about it after being in the States for so long. Well, I guess the States isn't exactly the place where your mind will be blown wide open, ha...

    haha, thanks Mona! Don't they just remind you of London~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. cuz u r her brother! XD! someone she's so familiar with~ just like i can't take off my clothes for a body check-up by my cousin if he's a doctor! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, I guess that's true. I'm always the weird little brother who does all sort of "crazy" stuffs. But I'm sure she's used to it after all these years.

    ReplyDelete